Sunday, May 17, 2009

Siri -- Week 31







Here are some new pictures of Siriana. I have been spending more time with her since I graduated. I start my bar studies next week, and then I will be away from home more frequently. : ( We had been told that some babies, especially bigger ones, never get into the whole rolling over thing, and it seemed like Siri would skip it. But, this week she decided that spending time on her tummy was ok-- mainly because she is finally strong enough to easily lift her massive girth and roll over whenever she wants. The new solid food this week is pureed green beans: they look and taste disgusting. But Siri actually seems to like them. She had them for breakfast and although she made a disgusted face when she first tasted them, she ended up eating the entire helping. Unfortunately, we had some bad news this week. Evie was diagnosed with chronic kidney failure. We have no idea how long she has to live, a few years if we are lucky. The treatment regimen involves putting her on a special "kidney" diet and giving her daily subcutaneous fluid injections using an IV bag. It stresses all of us out, but hopefully it will get better as time progresses.

3 comments:

Debby Rosenberg said...

Siri's pigtails are precious!

So sorry to hear about Evie. I had a cat years ago who had this same problem, and I had to do the IV thing...that is an intense experience for you.

Infinite Recast said...

Oh, I was about to ask who the hell was Evie...I guess she's your cat. That sucks...cats can hold out a helluva long time in pretty shitty conditions.

Pretty sweet pics of the babe. I forgot to mention the Babar series has some good visuals for a small kid. I'll send out the Shel Silverstein stuff...you still on Adobe Circle? Peace, kids...can you crank out 3.2 more kids so I'm squared away on the whole repro business?

Cindy said...

I love the pigtails!