Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Siri -- week 45





























Siri is becoming more of a San Franciscan with each passing day. She loves to go on walks, and especially enjoys dog- and people-watching. We both think that she likes walking around here more so than in Irvine since there is much more to see. Siri is also pulling herself up to standing quite a bit, and even cruised the other day (I missed it because I was not home :(). She says "this" a lot while pointing, and has rediscovered how to say "book."
I started field work yesterday and Jeff is relegated to primary caregiver while I am away. I usually work between three and five hours each day in nearby coffee shops on the days when I'm not in the field or meeting people. Separation from Siri is difficult, but I'm also really excited to get back into my own work.

We found a place, signed the lease and got the keys to it last week. It's a beautiful edwardian flat in the Castro, near where we used to live. We have access to a backyard garden, garage, and storage. Plus, we'll have laundry IN UNIT and a dishwasher. We have not had a dishwasher in years and are really looking forward to having a machine do our dish washing. We're pretty excited to move in on September 1st.

Pictures from this week include:
* Siri brushing her hair for the first time with the brush that came with her first aid kit (also trying to brush her hair with the bulb syringe). I brushed her hair with the brush and then she copied me. It was super cute.
* Siri crying sadly b/c daddy wanted to try and capture her pouty face, so he told mommy to leave the room. Pouty face was not captured, and Siri was super sad that mommy left.
* Siri standing in the kitchen at our new place on Hartford Street
* The tank top strap (and part of the actual tank top) that Basil managed to devour in its entirety. Not sure how he managed to do it so cleanly and quickly since we were supervising him rather closely.
* Getting ready to go out on a walk in the fog
* First time on the pull up bars at the Duboce Park playground
* Rolled off the bed while sleeping. She didn't even make a sound to let us know she had rolled off -- we discovered her on the floor when we came to bed, so we have no clue how long she was sleeping like that.




4 comments:

Gordon Rosenberg said...

cute shots .. glad you found your nice apartment right on schedule

gee

Unknown said...

oh lordy, the first picture of Siri scared the be-jesus outta me...

Unknown said...

Diana, its good to know that u have found a nice apt. very happy to see Siri.

Jenn said...

i am SOOOO sorry about the tank top! see, we do supervise him closely - he's just fast and sneaky! seriously, we will reimburse you for it! I can't wait to see you guys and my little furry babies next week!