


Here we are, in San Francisco. We arrived last week but I was busy with conferencing until Tuesday; we have been spending Wednesday on looking for places to live. Siri has had a rough time adjusting to life in SF. First, she did not like the fact that I was gone all the time with my conference, and then she was introduced to two kitties who do not seem to like her much. One (Basil) hissed in her face yesterday and she made a pouty face, on the verge of tears. The kitties are also stressed, so it's understandable that they are not too happy with a screechy child in their home.
Jeff and I are *very* slowly adjusting to life in the city with a child. As much as we love SF, it is a different feeling (and experience) moving back here with a baby. For one, we are much more particular about the types of places we are willing to rent, which makes apartment hunting slightly more difficult and frustrating. Two, we want Siri to wear shoes or socks at all times: it's cold and it's not as clean as Irvine. But, I'm sure we'll adjust in due time, and may just let Siri roam around in her diaper only...just kidding.
Some pictures from SF include Siri's messy face after eating (note: she has prunes all over her face although it looks chocolatey), and hanging out in a big empty box in Auntie Jenn and Uncle Todd's kitchen.
No comments:
Post a Comment